What I'm doing right now
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers's Now Page Movement. It's current as of February 20, 2017. If my priorities change, I'll update the page.
- I work full-time as a Software Engineer at O'Reilly Media. I like it there.
- I do some freelance software development work on the side, under the moniker Binary BBQ. I am scaling it back and not looking for clients.
- I'm actively, but deliberately, working on a substantial update of my book, Everyday Rails Testing with RSpec. The goal is to have updated content available by April, 2017. This will be a free update for anyone who's already bought the book.
- I'm preparing for my first public speaking in some time.
- I'm trying to write more in the Everyday Rails blog.
- I continue to read a lot. I try to read a bit of a technical book during the day, and a bit of a non-technical book at night.
- I'm running consistently for the first time since maybe high school.
- I'm trying to sleep more, even if it means I don't get as much done otherwise.
- I am not doing any pro bono work, mentoring, etc. for awhile.