Everyday Rails Testing with RSpec is my first book! Learn how to test your Rails applications the way I did and test with confidence, by focusing on core technologies and simple, readable tests that pass. Learn more.
Everyday Rails is a blog for people who need to build stuff with Rails and get on to their next project. I started it in 2010 to help beginner and intermediate Rails developers be productive while still learning the ropes.
Sound Refound is an online gallery of promotional flyers for concerts. I've collected these over the years, primarily in the Lawrence, Kansas, and Seattle, Washington areas.
atom-everydayrails-rspec is package of snippets to speed up and simplify writing tests in the Atom editor, as taught in my Rails testing book. I use these snippets every day to speed up writing tests!
Next projects coming soon. I'm messing around with some JAMstack stuff and fresh book idea(s) at the moment. You should probably subscribe to my newsletter and stay current.
- April 2020 update
- Kill your darlings, early 2020 edition
- February 2020 update
- January 2020 update
- December 2019 update
- November 2019 update
- June 2019 update
- May 2019 update
- April 2019 update
- March 2019 update
- Learning React: Modern Patterns for Developing React Apps, 2nd Edition (Alex Banks & Eve Porcello; O'Reilly Media)
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy (Jenny Odell; Melville House)
- Bossypants (Tina Fey; Reagan Arthur Books)
- Mindful Running: How Meditative Running can Improve Performance and Make you a Happier, More Fulfilled Person (Mackenzie L. Havey; Bloomsbury Sport)
- Leave Only Footprints: My Acadia-to-Zion Journey Through Every National Park (Conor Knighton; Crown)
- Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity (Felicia Day; Gallery Books)